Several ECA thematic workshops will be organized during the assembly between 25-27 October 2017 under the general topic of the urban commons. In order to anchor these workshops in the local reality and experiences, each one will be developed by its participants in collaboration with a local group carrying on initiatives and actions on the specific topic.
Several urban commons themes have been identified so far: Public spaces/urbanism, Refugees and migrants, Participation of citizens to urban policies, Culture, Food, Housing, Health, Currencies and finances of the commons, Laws and legal mechanisms that prevent commons, and Technology for citizens.
For logistical reasons, we may not be able to accommodate every theme proposed, but the Coordination team will review your input to decide the best way to structure the groups. Please, if you wish to join this Coordination Team for ECA Madrid and help in the ongoing planning, please write personally to Nicole Leonard (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Expectations and next steps
In order to organize the working groups for each thematic workshop, we are introducing a Participation Form (link below) to gather information on urban commoners and their initiatives. If you intend to participate in the Assembly in Madrid, please fill out this form by July 20. This information will help the coordinators group together participants to the workshops around themes. It is a way to ensure meaningful collaboration for the ECA.
For each working group, there will be:
- Collaborative work beforehand to design the workshop itself (together with professional facilitation a�� not identified yet)
- A coordinator identified to follow activities and feedback to the organizing team of the ECA in Madrid
- Identification and contacting of corresponding local Spanish groups (an on-going process by participants and the organizers of the ECA in Madrid)
- Participation to the workshop in Madrid (together with professional facilitation a�� not identified yet)
- Production of final documentation a�� format to be determined (leaflet of policy proposals, cards of initiatives, video, etc.) that will allow sharing among the larger network of the ECA members, with policy makers and the general public about the experiences presented and discussed at the workshop and possible recommendations. This will be done with the support of a documentation team/professionals that will help us, provided we find the financing.
The link to the form follows. Please feel free to share this email with individuals you think would be willing to participate.
Participate in ECA Madrid:A�https://goo.gl/forms/9vID21eSIojQsffk1
Once the composition of the workshops is determined we will share the responses within the groups so that they can get in touch to discuss content and objectives before the meeting a�� respecting the summer break, of course 🙂
We will have limited travel grants available. Please fill out the last section of the form if you are in need of such a grant so we can assess the needs.